McMan Family Day Homes
“To support and encourage individuals and families to achieve their full potential as members of their community.”
McMan Family Day Homes – Hanna
Accredited Early Learning and Child Care Service
McMan Family Day Homes provide a unique childcare choice. Distinctly different than babysitting or Day Care Centres, Family Day Homes provide Approved Childcare in a home setting with smaller ratios while parents still have access to government subsidies. Family Day Homes provide opportunities for small group social play and interactions.
Why Choose Hanna Family Day Homes for your Child Care needs?
- Accredited Day Home Agency offers quality child care based on current best practice
- Approved Family Day Homes receive monthly visits for monitoring and support purposes
- Screened and trained Early Learning and Child Care Professionals ensure increased confidence in child care arrangements
- Access to child care subsidy
- Information and referrals regarding community services for families
- Parents are respected as the primary teachers of their children
- Parenting supports and problem solving with trained staff and experienced Early Learning and Child Care Professionals
- Families are matched with child care providers that best meet their needs
- Parent input and involvement occurs through the annual evaluations, face to face discussions with staff and child care providers and by attending agency planned activities
Why Become an Approved Family Day Home Provider?
- Working with children is fun and rewarding
- You can stay home and raise your own children
- You can enrich the lives of other children whose parents work or attend school.
- You will significantly contribute to your family’s income.
- You will be your own boss, set your own hours and develop your own program.
- You will choose your own clients and the number of children you care for (up to 6 children total in your home).
- Increased recognition and professionalism
McMan Family Day Homes has been Accredited since October 2012. This means that AELCS has granted our Agency accreditation status to recognize that we meet and exceed the provincial requirements for high quality childcare.
Family Childcare Consultant
Address: Hanna Learning Centre
401 Centre Street
P.O. Box 1146
Hanna, Alberta T0J 1P0
Below are quotes from the letter we received following our site visit:
“A large resource package of information is delivered to the provider monthly, including activity sheets, ideas for planning, newsletters and other current pertinent information passed on by the home visitor.”
“Many policies are comprehensive and exceed regulatory requirements such as the Grievance and Appeal procedure and the TV and computer use policy.”
“A video monitoring system is used to monitor children who sleep in separate rooms in the home.”
“Providers have documented the children’s activities in photos and has created individual photo albums for each child, which they can look at whenever they want.”
“Providers promote literacy with books and photos and words on walls.”
“When a late napping child woke up and wanted to have snack, all the children (who had already had snack) wanted to have more snack and the provider gave them all some more snack to eat with the late napper.”
“When a new child registered recently and the other children noticed that the new child had a dark skin tone, the provider planned an “All About Me” theme to help children appreciate everyone’s differences and unique qualities.”